Saturday 16 April 2011

About me...

While trying to create this blog profile, the question is asked - who are you? . about me.
Well who am I? Am I the person that I see myself as or am I the person that others see me as?.
So many people have different opinions of who we are.  Through different eyes, different images are percieved.
I am seen as a mother by both my children, but am seen differently by each one. My 7 year old son, Sheldon, sees me as his whole world, his idol and his future. On the other hand my 18 year old daughter, Christine, sees me in a different light. She sees me as an ally in some cases, and as an over protective, interferring pain five minutes later.
My mom sees me as a 5 year old child in some cases and a provider, fixer-upper, miracle worker in other cases.
Craig, although we have been together for almost 11 years (with a couple of months wake-up break for him), has yet to really tell me how he sees me. I know he loves me deeply, will never totally open up and let his guard down.
Graeme, my remaining brother, I believe, sees me as a strong, competent individual - although sometimes it is extremely difficult to keep up that facade.
I suppose most importantly, the question is who do I believe that I am. Horror of all horrors... but in all honesty I am actually an extremely vulnerable individual with a low self esteem and lacking self confidence. It is because of all the above people who depend on me, that I have the stamina and strength  to keep going. I have to motivate myself daily to put on a brave face, and tackle the world.

The person my collegues and clients see is a confident, intelligent yet slightly introvert professional.

1 comment:

  1. Many know the real you and the vulnerability is what makes you so precious to us . You are there for so many, let us be there for you!!!!

    Love U!!!

    ReplyDelete