Saturday 8 June 2013

Gifts and Drama's of 2013

Isn't this scary - a whole year has passed since the last time that I created a page.
So much has happened in this 'short' time. In my last blog I made mention of something BIG that was going to happen - that of course was that my lovely daughter was pregnant and has since given birth to my precious grandchild - Chase Leonard Cowan. He is the apple of my eye at the moment. So innocent - yet already learning how to manipulate and wrap people and situations around his tiny little finger.
On the other front, the past month has been terrible. My mom has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. All started with a sore arm / shoulder. The GP was giving cortisone and Voltaren injections and the pain just carried on. Eventually I decided to take her to see a Neurosurgeon - and then after doing an MRI, my world crumbled when they told me that there was a tumour sitting in her neck.  With loads of other test being done it is confirmed that there is cancer in her neck (bones), lungs and adrenal glands. To date they have not been able to tell us when the primary cancer is located - these sites are all secondary. She has started radiation this week - but this is basically palliative care to try to control the pain and give her some quality to life. The future prognosis is not good - so for anyone who reads this, no matter where you are - or who you are - please say a prayer.
So many people say that we are never given more to deal with than we are strong enough to handle - wow - I feel that I am hanging on with the tips of my seriously bitten fingernails...
I escaped to work for a few minutes today to try to catch up on emails and prepare for my show house tomorrow - but I can physically escape, but emotionally I am not here... how is it possible to feel so helpless. I have always tried to be there for everyone, be the strong one holding everything together - but at the moment it is so damn hard !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment